I’ve Put Wrong Fuel in Citroen, What to Do Now?
Put wrong fuel in Citroen? Don’t panic, we will drain it safely. A lot of us make this mistake of putting the wrong fuel in our vehicles. In-fact every four minutes 1 person makes this error. It is an easy mistake to make and once you make this mistake a sudden panic kicks in and you think the Citroen engine is ruined and you are going to face a huge bill for the lapse in concentration. It can be fixed by fuel drain and cleaning of filters and some other stuff in minutes.
When you fill a diesel Citroen with petrol there is a serious risk that you will damage your Citroen engine. Petrol acts as a solvent with repairs coming up to hundreds or even thousands of pounds if the engine ceases as the contaminated fuel goes through the system. Metal particles from the pump could be deposited in the fuel which risks further damage.
Citroen Fuel drain Experts
GMM1 has expert Citroen Fuel drain engineers who drain your Citroen’s engine at the cheapest online prices. Therefore, if you’ve mistakenly put wrong fuel in your Citroen, don’t panic as GMM1 has the right solution for your Citroen. We cover all Citroen models. What to do when you realize that you have put wrong fuel in your Citroen, if you haven’t started your Citroen’s engine don’t start it. If possible, put your Citroen in neutral and ask for help to shift it to a safe spot.
Wrong Fuel Drained from Citroen
The best way to get your Citroen back on the road is to drain the Citroen tank and get the filter cleaned or replaced. Fortunately, all these services are available at GMM1 and are done by certified fuel drain experts with years of experience in this field. This is the best way to protect your Citroen engine from damage.
However, don’t be harsh on yourself as hundreds of thousands of drivers have done the same, 150,000 a year to be precise, so you are not alone.
Some Wrong Fuel Facts
One person every four minutes fills their vehicle with wrong fuel which can wreak havoc on the interior workings, with repair bills amounting to hundreds of millions of pounds every year. Putting diesel in a petrol Citroen engine will cause your engine to cut out and stop working. As diesel doesn’t ignite in the same way that petrol does, the spark plugs which ignite the fuel in your petrol engine will have no effect.
If you have misfuelled your Citroen , follow these simple steps to get your engine started.
- If you want to get your Citroen engine to start again, all the fuel needs to be drained safely from the fuel system and replaced with petrol or diesel. Call GMM1 now to get wrong fuel drained from your Citroen by our wrong fuel experts.
- It’s hard to fill a petrol tank with diesel because diesel fuel nozzles are designed to not fit in petrol cars.
- However, it is all too easy to accidentally fill your diesel-fuelled Citroen with petrol.
- Petrol does a lot of damage to your diesel engine as it finishes the lubricant used to keep it ticking over and cause metal components to grate against each other which causes them to crack and decompose.
- This just doesn’t damage the fuel pump and injection systems, it can also destroy the engine completely.